Sorry, my last post was forver ago!

So I am thinking about blogging once more. I like the immediacy of Facebook and the easy status updates. Yet I cannot put a whole story there due to the constraints of 420 characters. So I think I am going to come back to blogging as my little world for you to see. There are a lot of sites I like to read and interesting things I like to post about and I'd like one place for all of those things.

Today is day 3 of my girl's fever and cough. We went to the Dr. today and was told not to worry. We're hoping for NO FEVERS tonight so I can take her to her first little Preschool birthday party tomorrow. Sweet little thing has been asking all week "How many days until Saturday Mom?". I keep counting them down for her and now we're 24 hours out. I prepared her to know that she might not be able to attend (from her sickness) but that we still have one more party Sunday afternoon we will likely attend. It's her cousin's birthday and so if we miss one we still have the other. Mom's know how HARD it is to disappoint your children.

My husband has been away a lot lately- late at work mostly. So it feels like forever since I got out of the house. I also broke my glasses and so my 10 year old ones are standing in the gap until I choose a new pair next week. I lost the prescription paper (I hauled to Hawaii and back and NOW I can't find it?) so I am tempted to just go to a quicky place and do a new exam and new glasses all at once.

We're back in the saddle about the budget again. We were a little wiggly about it for a while but we're back in line now. It's the first budget meeting where no one cried and no one got mad. Hrmmm...only took about 7 years. Of course now we need some work done on the car we are trying to sell and we found the truck we bought does NOT have a tow package. Sigh. Isn't it always like this?

I know I should cook some chicken for dinner, but frankly I really want to order out tonight. My husband has eaten out 2 nights in a row and I am too tired to cook. We were up for 2 hours last night checking fevers and heart rates. So now I am tired and I want someone to deliver dinner to my door. BUT I know that I will regret that since I have about 5 nights alone this month at the end and I will be wishing I had saved our "eating out" money for then. So for tonight it looks like frozen potstickers or taquitos or scrambled eggs.

Ok, enough drivel. Next post will have more substance, ok?

Comments

Popular Posts