Oh, she is just the spitting image

Naptime yesterday I tucked in my daughter while laying on her bed and reading a book to her. When we talked for a while she pinched me. I was mad, and it hurt! She looked guilty and sad. I left her room and went to take a shower. Later I went back to her room since she was still awake and I told her I forgave her for pinching me. She said she was sorry and that next time I shouldn't lay on her bed. I asked, "You pinched me because I laid on your bed?" She replied, "Yeah". I was a bit shocked to hear that and I admonished her for doing that and told her again that it really hurt. Although I was happy to see that she had come up with a plan to prevent it from occurring again. It just wasn't the plan I was aiming for. She smiled and went to bed.

Tonight I read her the story of King Solomon and his dream where God promised him anything he wanted. I asked Sarah what she would ask God for if God made the same offer. She thought for a minute and replied, "Help to believe...and things I need." I was surprised at her answer so I asked her to repeat it. She looked at me like she was amazed I didn't understand her and said, "Faith."

She would ask God for faith. I get teary again just typing it.

Comments

Popular Posts