I heart Bill Moyers


It used to be that I wanted to have lunch with Oprah Winfrey. I thought lunch with her would be fascinating, as she has a hand in so many areas of life in the US and Africa. She had an unusual rise to power, and has a penchant for education and property, both areas of interest to me. But since her recent blatant move to Universalism/New Age I decided I am really not that interested in lunch with her after all. I mean, it's my pipe dream, right? I can want to lunch with anyone I want.  So, I decided that I would rather have lunch with Bill Moyers. 
WHO DOES NOT LOVE BILL? He is the most worthwhile hour on television. He has the most informative, well thought out news journals. He chooses the most knowledgeable guests and they have awesome discussions on his show. There isn't a hint of Bill O'Reilly-ism anywhere, as guests are asked their thoughts and opinions, they do not serve as a conduit to force the hosts' own ideas and agenda. Bill Moyers has years of experience and wisdom under his belt and can seemingly cut through chaff to get to the real wheat.
Last night Bill had his journal devoted to the press, shock-jocks, and the Presidential candidates McCain, but more specifically Sarah Palin. It brought up some really interesting points, and I strongly urge everyone to watch the piece. In fact, I urge you to watch every week at 9pm on Fridays on PBS. It's the best hour of news.  

Here is the link from last night's broadcast: Free Speech or Foul?

Comments

AMY said…
Love, love, love watching Bill Moyer's. I'm working on an inservice day. Maybe we can watch an episode together.

Popular Posts