My Little Man and His Big Thoughts

To My Dear Son,

You were born today 3 years ago just a few blocks from our house. It was in the morning and you were eager to get out and I was eager to meet you! You were surprisingly blond haired and you slept quite a bit. I was so surprised about those two things since you were so opposite of Sarah! Or maybe I had changed a lot in the 22 months between you. 

These last 6 months have been a whirlwind of change my little man! Your language development surprises everyone and just a little while ago you called across the Birthday party to say, "Mom! Look, I'm ranging!" I think you meant "arranging" and I was amazed you knew what the word meant! You were trying to tell me you knew how to work with the tools and I giggled with Ms. Codi about it. You just delight me little man. You talk all the time these days and when Sarah holds the conversation for too long you just get louder and louder! It's funny now, but I don't know about it in a year. My favorite things from the last few months are:

1.) Naming your very first imaginary animal friend - a cat named Roodles. Although you say "magination". So cute. 

2.) Making connections about things you see and telling us all out loud. It is so great to hear your mind working and identifying one thing and remembering you've seen the same thing somewhere else.

3.) Saying to me in a cross voice, "Mom, I love you." Sort of like it's a statement like "I don't like peas." It's so funny and endearing to me to hear you say it like that. It's like you want to tell me, but not in a sweet and girly way. It's so like you to do it on your own. In your own way.

4.) You are really starting to like stories read to you. Before you liked me to make up songs to you before bed, but now you actually sit up and look at the pages of the book as I read aloud. It's so, precious to be the deliverer of stories and information for you. I feel like I have a honored position, to be the steward of your stories! 

5.) Your prayer every time we pray, "Dear Jesus, fank you for my Mom an my Dad an Sarah an Amen." Sometime you add Ali and Jack too.

6.) You crawl all over me all the time! I know it won't last so I try to let you crawl on me as much as I can handle it. You are a total wiggle worm, but you are sweet and like to be with me. I'll take that in a heart beat!

7.) You laugh lights up my heart. You sort of giggle, but when your Daddy gets to tickling you under your chin- you are a crack up! It's so great! You also laugh a lot when you are surprised. It's so awesome!

8.) You went tinkle in the potty this week! Last Monday you did the deed and you've been really trying ever since. It's so great to see this milestone and a tiny bit sad since this is the last vestige of your baby-ness. I will miss it, but I know you need to grow.

9.) You eat bananas every day. I think it's because you can get up to the counter and get one yourself. But it's great and you are awfully cute about it all .Plus you eat just about every fruit I put in front of you- except peaches! We gave you one this week and it came right back out of your mouth! I think you don't prefer the texture. It was funny to see your face when you realized you didn't like it. It cracked me up and I relented. I mean, no one can like every fruit, right?

10.) You act like a baby kitty all the time. All. The. Time. It's the first sound I hear when I wake up and the sound I hear all the time. I give you an instruction and and I hear, "Meow, meow, Ok Mom." Why you love cats, I don't know. I should get you on camera being a cat. That will crack your wife up some day. Think I'll do that tomorrow.

Little man, you had a big birthday today. You had a car cake and balloons and party hats and chicken nuggets (or as we call them mom-ugnets ). You played with your friends and had a great party. And you even shared your Orange-y gum with all the guests at the party. Good job growing up little man. I love almost every minute of it. I cannot imagine our lives without you my son. What joy and delight we would have missed. Thank you Lord for such a happy and delightful little boy.  I love you with all I have little man. 

Love, Your Mom. 

 

Comments

Popular Posts